Friday, December 17, 2010

Karate is a Sport Plus It’s Only One Lesson, What Could Go Wrong?

karatekick

I may never be accused of appearing a “Jock” but

believe it or not, I've had my share of sports injuries and exercise incidents.

There was a time in Grade School, playing some variation of dodge-ball while scooting around on little wheeled squares that the teacher insisted on calling a child scooter. That wasn't a big deal, I got hit by the ball in the back in the head while scooting around on my belly on this scooter and the next thing I know there's a large pool of my blood on the ground before me.

That truly turned out OK as for whatever reason, and as God is my witness, I actually improved in math for the remaining school year.

High School, well, I got some pretty horrible rope burns in gym class when I climbed the rope, the one that we're all acquainted with, lost my grip coming down and slid the rest of the way. My hands, calves and thighs hurt like hell for a long time.

Then there are the typical BMX and Skateboarding accidents that I think everybody has experienced in one form or another.

However, the exercising injury which mostly sticks out in my mind was when I got suckered into an introductory week of karate classes for $1 (one dollar).

I don't know what possessed me to happen upon this deal or what drew me into that Dojo, from the start. However, I went in, I signed up for the one week dollar deal and, while I was doing poorly thought out things, I decided I'd also signed up my kid sister.

Now both my sister Sandra and I were both adults in our twenties but I probably would have caught less flack had I actually discussed this with her instead of just signing her up without telling her.

My sister is a good sport generally and she finally gave in and said that she'd go with me for one week of karate classes. Though she said that there was no way she was going to give me the dollar I spent when I signed her up. Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment